Coptic Fonts and How-to type in Coptic
The large majority of browsers have built-in support for reading Coptic. If you can read the following in Coptic then your browser can read Coptic.
Ϧⲉⲛ ⲫ̀ⲣⲁⲛ ⲙ̀Ⲫ̀ⲓⲱⲧ ⲛⲉⲙ Ⲡ̀ϣⲏⲣⲓ ⲛⲉⲙ ⲡⲓⲠⲛ̅ⲁ̅ ⲉ̅ⲑ̅ⲩ̅ Ϯⲧ̀ⲣⲓⲁⲥ ⲉ̅ⲑ̅ⲩ̅ ⲛ̀ⲟ̀ⲙⲟⲟⲩⲥⲓⲟⲥ.
We highly recommend that any future and existing Coptic text use the Unicode Standard so Coptic text can be read on all devices including mobile phones without the need to install any additional fonts.
Typing Coptic on WindowsTo type in the Coptic language on Windows 10, you will need to both install the Greek language and the Coptic keyboard as Windows does not natively support Coptic.
Step 1 - Install Greek Language
- Go to the Start Menu, Settings, Time & Language, Language
- Click + Add Preferred Language, Greek, Next, Install (you don't need Text-to-speech and Handwriting).
- Wait until the install is complete before proceeding.
Step 2 - Install Coptic Keyboard (Coptic Standard)
- Download CopticCS Windows Keyboard.
- Unzip file and Run Setup.exe.
- When complete, restart the computer.
- After restart, go to: Windows, Control Panel, Time & Language, Language,
- Select Greek, click on Options, + Add a keyboard.
- Scroll down to: Coptic CS. To change to the Coptic keyboard highlight ENG in your taskbar and choose Greek - Coptic CS
Alt + Ctrl (AltGr)
Typing Coptic on Macs
- Download CopticCS Mac Keyboard.
- Unzip and copy file to ~/Library/Keyboard Layouts.
- System Preferences, Keyboard, Input Sources, Add (+), Others, Coptic CS, Add
- You can now switch languages from the main menu.
Typing Coptic on Android Mobile PhonesOpen keyboard, tap on Globe, Language settings, Add Keyboard, Coptic.
Download Coptic Fonts
You can install these fonts to create documents in Coptic. The following are unicode Coptic fonts that are recommended for use.
To install them download the file, unzip, then double click to open the font and click on Install.
Convert Text to Coptic UnicodeConvert legacy text written in CS Coptic Fonts and older fonts to the Unicode Coptic standard. Please do not use the following fonts for any future projects and instead use Unicode.
Convert Text Download old CS Fonts